- Do not eat or drink ANYTHING for six hours before your surgery appointment. (Exception: If you take prescription medicine, these may be taken with a small amount of water. Remember, when taking any medications before your surgery, follow instruction given to you by your surgeon at your prior appointment.)
- Clean your mouth and teeth well prior to surgery to help avoid infection.
- Please wear short-sleeved clothes that are loose, cool and comfortable.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Use the restroom prior to your appointment.
- Someone should be with you for 12 to 24 hours after you return home.
- Remember, you will be receiving sedation. Therefore, you will need to have a driver with you to take you home. You are not able to drive or operate heavy machinery for 24 hours following your surgery.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent.
*48 hours notice must be given if you cannot keep this appointment.