04 Mar Do implant supported dentures have a lifelike appearance?
Patients who need to restore their smiles after tooth loss typically want to achieve the best aesthetic results possible in addition to having a fully functional smile. Implant supported dentures achieve both of these goals in optimal ways.
If you are exploring your options for dentures, it’s well worth your time to schedule a consultation with an oral surgeon to learn more about this treatment method. You may be surprised at the numerous benefits it has to offer.
Aesthetic Considerations for Implant Supported Dentures
A beautiful appliance looks as much like a patient’s natural smile as possible. Implant supported dentures feature state-of-the-art materials that are designed to closely replicate the appearance of biological tooth enamel, so you don’t have to worry that your denture will look noticeably artificial.
Furthermore, implant supported dentures are custom designed, offering a variety of options in terms of shade, shape and contour.
Keep in mind that you have a significant amount of input into this process. If you want to replicate your natural smile, that is possible. If you want to improve on it, that’s within reach, too. You will be an important partner in determining the design of your implant supported dentures.
The Many Benefits of Dental Implants
Your oral surgeon won’t merely give you a lifelike looking smile with implant supported dentures. This treatment approach offers patients a host of additional benefits, including:
- Durability – Implant supported dentures can last for decades when you take good care of them.
- Functionality – Implant supported dentures are far more effective at chewing than conventional dentures.
- Security – Implant supported dentures stay put and won’t slip out of place at the worst possible time.
- Convenience – There’s no need for messy denture adhesives with implant supported dentures.
- Comfort – Implant supported dentures feel more like your natural smile because they include root-like structures (the dental implants) and the prosthetic denture.
If you need to replace your smile after tooth loss and want a prosthetic that looks and feels like your biological smile, consider implant supported dentures. Schedule your consultation at Permian Basin Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center as soon as possible to learn more about this treatment option.